Mekala J Venkataramana Reddy (Mekala V Reddy)
Member in Academia Institutions:
- Wife: Mrudhula ; Children: Meghana Reddy (Daughter) and Vinith Reddy (Son)
- Parents: Jayarami Reddy Mekala and Ammannamma
- Brothers(Elder): Sivagangi Reddy, Mohan Reddy and Balakrishna Reddy
Current Roles at IBM: Business Operations Leader - GTS Data & AI - IBM
Areas of Interest : Empower Rural people & students; Discussions on ethics, real issues, politics; Socialising;
|Academia Support: External Blog and IBM Community pages|
Community related Works
- Member in Board of Studies - MCA at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore (2019 - 2021)
- Member in Board of Studies - MCA at BMS Institute of Technology, Bangalore (2020 - 2022)
- Member in Board of Studies - MCA at Dravidian University, Kuppam, AP (2018 - 2020)
- Department Advisory Committee (DAC) for the A. Y. 2019-20 & 2020-21, NMIT, B'lore
- Member in Board of Studies - MCA at Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa
Education & Key Achievements:
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Algappa University, Karaikudi, TN
- B.A (Mathematics and Statistics) from B.T.College (S.V.University), Madanapalli, AP
- Certifications: PMP (PMI), CSTE (QAI) and MQSeries Specialist(IBM)
- Projects Worked:
- Publications: 4 (Two International, two national by CECRI)
- Conference presentations: 5 ( WTC, ICMMACS 2002, etc., ) and
- Patents: CPSEA++ (SW-1153/2003) and 2-D PERCOL (No.L-18583/99)
Summary of my Social responsibility:
I am working in IBM India as Business Development & Operations Leader and voluntarily working on academia (Elementary to Universities ) in India. I have been in the Industry for 23 years which includes 19+ years at IBM India. In IBM, I worked on Product Supporting, Project Management, Business Development & Operations domains. Prior to IBM, worked on R&D software development in the areas of Finite Element Method, Greens Functions, Percolation Theory and Segmentation area's (resulted: two International patents, two publications and 3 conferences)
Since 2005, partnering with many educational institutions to assess the education system and identify the area's where Industry can support via best practices.
- Member in Board of Studies (BoS) in Dravidian University, Kuppam & Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa
- IBM University Relations leader for South West region
- Collaboration with Dravidian University, Kuppam and Also presented article\'s
- 'Engaging All: Role of IT Industry' in national congress Disability, Barrier-Free campus and Higher Education in India on 25,26 Mar 13.
- 'ICT Industry role in Indian Academia' in NCICT 2015 on 26 Mar '15
- eLearning Workshop as speaker in Q1, 2017
- Organised Industry visit to DU students @ IBM Bangalore
- Collaborating / Supporting these Institutions through books, computers and other modes:
- Sanjay Gandhi Degree & PG College, Piler (250+ Books), link and DiscoverE in 2014
- Reddy Seva Samithi Women's Hostel,
- High Schools: Charala, Chinnagottigallu, Bireddipalli, Pulicherla, Renumakalapalli (Stationary/Guidance)
- Primary Schools: All 3 schools in Peddagottigallu village, Gangapuram palli,Mekala vari palli (Stationary, Computers & guidance)
- KSCS Edu trust, Madanapalli
- Geethanjali vidyalaya, Bangalore: CareerPath -post 10th, Being Smart/Innovate ; Blogging ;
- Content created - Graduate to Professional which will bridge the gap b/w Industry & Academia and Green Data Centre to provide awareness to Academia & provide Industry visits !!
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore - Mar 2018
- Dravidian University, Kuppam - Dec 2017
- University of Pennsylvania, USA - Mar 2018
- Govt. Engineering College, Trivandrum - July 2018
- Vels University, Chennai - Aug 2018
- Karunya Institute of Technology & Sciences [KITS], Coimbatore - Sept 2018
- IBM Techathon for Pan India Universities - Oct 2018
- Guided ~1400 graduates for getting job opportunities
- Running various diversity programs: Parenting, DiscoverE, EWeek GEM, EXITE etc.,
- Guided ~2500 students on market trends, career planning, ethical practices & job opportunities.
- Spent more than 1050 hours of community services on various schools, organizations, as of now.
- Useful tips: Cell phone usage guidelines, Gardening documented & awareness created
- Few video's were uploaded to YouTube: 'search - Mekala V Reddy'
"IBM believes that a company culture based on core values not only helps our business, but also defines the role that we can and should play in society."    --   IBM
My snaps from childhood to latest.....
Few more snaps.....
Mekala Family - Thinking about our native village ?.....naturally flashback takes to "sweet memories" & childhood days :)
Journey @IBM - Many of old MQ folks completed 15 years of service in IBM and it's time to meet & celebrate :)